Oct 21, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday Volume I

1. I have decided to follow in the footsteps of fellow bloggers and post a 7 quick thoughts/posts every Friday. Someday I may figure out how to get the links and logo on the posts, but for now this format will do.

2. Last weekend Nick and I played the Ungame during an in-house date night.  The object of the game is to improve listening and communication skills. It works.   We played the Couples version.  Each person picks a card and answers the question on the card.  The other person may not react or comment on anything the person says.  This helps you to truly listen and not think about what you are going to say in response to that person.  The only time you get to ask a question or make a comment is when you pick a "Question or Comment" card.  It was truly an intimate and fun time and I hope we will do it again soon.  It proved to me that even after 15 years of marriage we still have things to learn about each other.  I never knew Nick had a fantasy of being able to drive across country and visit various places.

3. Last week I was berating myself for not completing my "To Do" list every day.  I felt like a failure at gettting the house organized and clean.  I was  assuming Nick was frustrated with me too.  However, during the Ungame Nick picked a "Question/Comment" card and asked me "Do you think you are getting enough rest while the kids are at school?"  My fears were banished and my heart melted.  Thank you God for my wonderful husband!

4. William went on his first Kindergarten Field Trip today. They visited Cox Farm.  The photo above shows what fun he had.  William was grouped with one of his best friends in his class and his friend's Mom took the picture.  They had a perfect Fall weather day for the trip.  William said his favorite was the slide that came out of a volcano.

5. This morning Kayla was really tired and exclaimed that it wasn't fair that I got to sit around and rest all day while SHE had to go to Third Grade and had NO rest time during the day.  My secret is out!  I sit around and eat bon bons all day and watch soap operas!  NOT.  After suggesting that if she was tired she could go to bed earlier, I told her I already did my time in Third Grade and also taught it.  I wonder if  I stop doing laundry, housework, and grocery shopping if she'll get the clue that I do not "sit around and rest all day."

6. I've been suffering from an acute case of plantar fasciitis.  I bought new shoes, put in new insoles, been doing the stretches, and icing my feet, but I still have flair ups so painful I can barely walk by the end of the day.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I want to start a walking/running program but can't until this flare up dies down.

7. I am so happy the dry Fall weather has arrived, and praying it is here to stay for awhile.  I love the fact that the kids come home from school and want to play outside.  This afternoon Kayla and William went out to play and I found them raking leaves and pine needles in our front yard.  Let's hear it for free labor! 

I hope everyone enjoys your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but will be reviewed before being posted.