Jul 7, 2014

One Step at a Time

I haven't been able to log into Google for a couple of months, so I haven't been able to publish any new posts.  The sign in worked today, so hopefully all the issues have been solved.

I have been wearing a pedometer to keep track of how many steps I take each day.  I received the pedometer through Nick's work as part of a Wellness Program.  The Lyme Disease attacked my joints and causes Fibromyalgia like pain, so aerobic exercise is difficult for me right now. I am amazed at how active I can be just doing my daily routine, and often have over 7500 steps a day even on the days I don't go for an exercise walk.  On the days the pain is bad I am lucky to hit 3,000 steps. 
Wearing the pedometer has motivated me to be as active as I can be.  Sometimes I look down at the pedometer and it gives me encouraging messages like "Active is awesome!"  If I'm sitting too  long it will say "Let's Go!"     William calls my pedometer my "step watch".  On the days I don't hit my goals I remind myself I am still on the road to recovery, and need to take it day by day and one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but will be reviewed before being posted.